Passenger seat - child lock?

Forbez

Reaction score
With a second child on the way, I've been thinking about putting my first in the front seat for any long journeys so my missus can sit with the baby in the back.
Is there a way of locking the front door so that he can't reach out and open the door?

Thanks Tom

With a second child on the way, I've been thinking about putting my first in the front seat for any long journeys so my missus can sit with the baby in the back.
Is there a way of locking the front door so that he can't reach out and open the door?

Thanks Tom
If you set the locks (via MMI) to "Auto Lock" then it will require two pulls on the handle for the lock to open the door while the car is moving. Also the release on the front doors is probably beyond the reach of any child properly strapped in.

On my prefacelift 2008 car, the front doors will open (when locked) with one pull of the handle.

On my prefacelift 2008 car, the front doors will open (when locked) with one pull of the handle.
Maybe I am having a memory lapse and I don't have my C6 anymore to go and check. The release being towards the front of the door should mean it is still safe though

Not with my son it aint! He's a loony!