Missing plastic behind "grill" on S-Line

Mikebabs1

Reaction score
Hi All,

It's been a while since i posted on here. I had 2001 A4 2.0 SE for 8 years but last year upgraded to a 2008 A6 2.0 TDI S-Line, and i love it!

Just one question that's been bothering me. I noticed shortly after i bought the car that the black plastic that exists behind the lower front "grill" on the bumber on the driver side is missing on the passenger side. It's just got a grey backing, so the two sides don't match. It's only noticeable when viewed head on from a distance (or by crouching) as its so low to the ground. At first i was concerned this was a sign of badly done accident repair or something, but i've been checking other A6 S-Lines and they all appear to be the same, so it must be deliberate. So now i'm just intrigued to know why this is.

Anyone know?

Cheers

Mike

some a4.s are missing eithe 1 or both
it depends on weather its got single or twil intercoolers

maybe the same on the A6 ?

I had the same query when I bought mine, checked with the dealer and it's meant not to be there to allow cooler air to pass through to the intercooler.

I had the same query when I bought mine, checked with the dealer and it's meant not to be there to allow cooler air to pass through to the intercooler.

I think your dealer fobbed you off!

My understanding is that it guides air more directly at intercooler ... view how it fits around intercooler, where it meets the face of intercooler it is wide, narrow at front to scoop air and concentrate to intercooler ...

Drivers side ...

051b6376-ad09-4745-8028-ed7fb204934b_zps2252eb07.jpg

Centre shot ...

MyA6Avant195_zps9d9e2bae.jpg

Passenger side ...

MyA6Avant193_zpsb6842099.jpg

i dont think he ment that part
he ment the backing to the grill

Thanks for the further replies. I'm talking about the plastic behind the black "grills" circled on this pic ...

A6 Front

... on my 2.0 TDI the left (drivers side) has a black backing and on the right (passenger side) it doesn't, it's just grey.

you have 1 ic so the 1 missing should be missing
if you fit 1 the ic wont get the air it needs

Reactions: Mikebabs1