Fitting rear parking sensors

Josh84

Reaction score
Hi all, when I bought my a6 it had parking sensors in the rear bumper. They dont do anything and im not sure if they are connected to anything. Just want to know what is needed to get them working, and if its a big/expensive job if in the worst case scenario they arent connected to anything.
Thanks in advance.

Are they factory fit, do they sit flush or are they sitting on top of the bumper slightly raised.

They have been disabled by removing the fuse to the controller. One sensor may have been faulty and causing a nuisance.

See if you can post a pic of the sensor mounted on the bumper.

I think the previous owner changed the bumper for 1 with the sensors in so they will be factory fit, but he never got round to doing anything with them. They do fit flush, you hardly notice them.

OK, that makes sense, so you can buy a loom for the sensors and the 4 channel module and your in business. There is a grommet on the right hand side when the bumper is off to feed the cables through.

How much am I looking at for these? Am I best going to audi for them?

Kufatec.co.uk can sell you the wiring.

Possible also a controller, it's cheaper than the whole kit of parts as you have sensors already.

I got a 4F0 910 283 F from ebay for £30, it supports 4 sensors + graphical support (sonar line display) ...
I saw on a forum that it may also support rear view camera support but I did not retro fit that ...

4F0 910 283 F also superseded to 4F0 910 283 N so I would assume that supports everything F does ...

My car originally had a 4F0 910 283 - 4 sensors, no graphical support (sonar line display) ...

From what I saw on a Russian forum :-

4F0 910 283 A - 4 sensors, no graphical support
4F0 910 283 B - 4 sensors, graphical support
4F0 910 283 D - 4 sensors, graphical support
4F0 910 283 F - 4 sensors, graphical support, rear view camera support

I also saw a post were someone said that on parking aid modules which support 8 sensors and you only have 4 connected you can fool the module to work by using resistors in the non connected plug ...

4F0 910 283 C - 8 sensors, graphical support
4F0 910 283 E - 8 sensors, graphical support, rear view camera support
4F0 910 283 G - 8 sensors, graphical support, rear view camera support
4F0 910 283 H - 8 sensors, graphical support, rear view camera support