fitting sat nav

Eyeball74

Reaction score
Hi all. I want to fit sat nav into my A6 but i am not sure what i need. I have the mmi already in the car but when i press the nav button it just says "nav not installed". Can anyone tell me what i will need to have it working corectly and how easy will it be to install. I have looked in the boot and on the left hand side there is a cage which looks like thats where the dvd drive would go. Will i need to run any cables to the front of the car or will they already be in. Any help would be grateful.

Thanks.

All you need is the DVD Navigation drive, maps disc, GPS antenna, and a set of cables to tap into the MOST connection. Very easy, I've done it. Got everything from eBay.

You don't have to run any cables along the car, you just buy a already made set that plugs in the boot.

You may also need to update your card software, depending on what version you have.

Reactions: gupsterg
All you need is the DVD Navigation drive, maps disc, GPS antenna, and a set of cables to tap into the MOST connection. Very easy, I've done it. Got everything from eBay.

You don't have to run any cables along the car, you just buy a already made set that plugs in the boot.

You may also need to update your card software, depending on what version you have.

Thanks will have a look on eBay for everything I need.

Don't want to sound thick but how will I know which DVD nav drive, cables and gps Ariel I will need. Also, where is the plug connection in the boot.

Don't want to sound thick but how will I know which DVD nav drive, cables and gps Ariel I will need. Also, where is the plug connection in the boot.
You will need to know firstly which version of the MMI system you have. If it is built before Summer 2008 (ie not a Facelift Car) then it will be a 2G system. If you have a full colour screen in the dash then it is 2G-High, if it is only red and black then it is 2G-Low. The former will support map display on the dash and requires the DVD Drive whilst the latter only supports text display of navigation instructions and as far as I am aware only supports the CD Navigation drive. In both cases the drive goes into the rack behind the panel on the LH (Passenger) side of the boot area.

If it is a Facelift car then the Navigation system is 3G and is either DVD/SD based or Hard Disk based. In both cases the drive installs into the glovebox.

If your car already has the shark fin roof aerial then it is likely that it already has the GPS aerial installed

I have a 54 plate a6 and below is all the info I have pulled from the mmi,

Version
SW:C6-HU 6350 05.0.0 0413
HW: C6-HU 6351D2.0
FC SW: 03501AFC6AB320870
FC PS: 0870 FC HW: H03

I do have the fin on the roof and depending on what menu I am scrolling through on the display the colour could be orange, red or green. Would that suggest that I have a 2g high display?

I can use my mobile using Bluetooth through the display also.

If I look to the l/h/s in my boot there is a 3 teir cage there with some sort of audio equipment at the top but 2 empty slots underneath. Should I be able to see the spare cables for connecting the nav drive unit?

DVD drive will slide into an empty slot on rack ...

I find the splitter cables better to use than then others available Link:- Kabelsatz DVD Navigation Audi MMI 2G A6 A8 Q7 LWL Nachrüstsatz | eBay

You can use the 'Y' cables to source power/MOST loop off the tuner (K-Box) in rack ...

Red line is power, to the left is the the 'MOST' ...

K-box2_zps597ed361.jpg

DVD drive will slide into an empty slot on rack ...

I find the splitter cables better to use than then others available Link:- Kabelsatz DVD Navigation Audi MMI 2G A6 A8 Q7 LWL Nachrüstsatz | eBay

You can use the 'Y' cables to source power/MOST loop off the tuner (K-Box) in rack ...

Red line is power, to the left is the the 'MOST' ...

K-box2_zps597ed361.jpg

Thanks for that. I have looked on ebay and there are quite a few dvd drives. Is there an exact one i need for my car or are all audi ones compatible? As for the cables i can get them from ebay also along with the GPS ariel. Looks like this should be straight forward to fit even though i'm not the most capable person when it comes to electrics on a car.

You need something like 4E0 910 887 (x)... (x) could be C, D, M, Q, P...

When you find one just post/PM link for verification...

No & No

Neither of those are any good to you.

You should expect to pay between 250 - 400 depending where from and what you get with it.

PM me I have have a complete A6/Q7 DVD navigation, antenna, 2013 disk and cable set available.

Reactions: gupsterg