Bagged C6

unitzero

Reaction score
Last edited:
Reactions: gupsterg and Sandra
Its a nice car, love the colour, sits fairly low, nice wheels, i like it a lot. :) x

i really really like what you have done with your car! Actually made me miss my a6 :( the wheels massively suit too, different and well done :0)

Not to my taste but look at the condensation on those rear taillights! Shocking!!!

I think you should try and get rid of the merc star in the middle of the wheels. Other than that looks ok until you have to go a speed bump or on a ferry

I think you should try and get rid of the merc star in the middle of the wheels. Other than that looks ok until you have to go a speed bump or on a ferry

If he meets a speedbump or wants to go on a ferry then all he needs to do is hit a switch and he is at standard height.

Regarding the merc centre caps, They are Mercedes wheels so why go through th effort of finding replacement caps? People have been using different manufacturers wheels on their cars for years ever since old beetles on porsche wheels.

Hi :) ...

Great photos :yes: ... so do you have factory fit adaptive suspension configured lower or an aftermarket setup?

TIA
G

Thanks, I'm pleased how the photo's came out.
He is running AirLift's C6 specific bags and struts, rides as nice as OEM but can be firmed up if needed.

Not to my taste but look at the condensation on those rear taillights! Shocking!!!

Condensation has been dealt with by drilling a few holes on the underside of the light units.

Reactions: gupsterg
Hi there, the car itself looks nice, congrats.

Personal taste though, don't like the Merc wheels on the Audi or how it sits so low, just a me thing but as long as you're happy thats what matters.

Just at hought though, after all the work you've put in why have you not resolved the rear light cluster condensaton issues?
They really let the car down badly, as they used to on mine and others.

There's a fix available.................simply remove, dry them out and drill holes in the bottom ( as advised by Gup -top man )..........it works!!

Ooop EDIT...........Just saw your comments , sorry

Thanks for sharing.....

What's the the glossy section/door in your boot?

Saw in your sig you had A4 B7 170 the A6 140 must feel sluggish compared to that?

There is an Air tank, compressor and valve block under the false floor in the boot. I'll get some pics of the install next time if people are interested.
The A6 is not mine, it belongs to a friend of mine, we both used to run mk4's on Air suspension but have both recently upgraded to Audi's. His 140 doesn't actually feel too sluggish compared to mine, I think because the turbo kicks in sooner it feels more eager, where as mine takes a while to spool up, but once it's there it certainly shifts :)

I love the stance and the rims. Great job!

Reactions: unitzero
There is an Air tank, compressor and valve block under the false floor in the boot. I'll get some pics of the install next time if people are interested. The A6 is not mine, it belongs to a friend of mine, we both used to run mk4's on Air suspension but have both recently upgraded to Audi's.
Be great to see the
p0127.gif
... just being nosey :blush: ...

His 140 doesn't actually feel too sluggish compared to mine, I think because the turbo kicks in sooner it feels more eager, where as mine takes a while to spool up, but once it's there it certainly shifts :)

Thanks for share mate :beerchug:...

That website is broken. Airlift are a US company, that website seems too strange and poorly designed to be associated with the Official company.
£285 wouldn't even buy you one Air strut! You would be looking at £3000+ for the parts alone.

caraudiosecurity have recently become an airlift dealer so I would check their website for a more accurate rundown of the prices

The ride in air springs varies depending on your ride height, when the bags are full there is of course more pressure so creates a stiffer ride. However, many Airlift struts including the C6 kit have dampening adjustability so you can fine tune them as much as you like. They have taken cars out on tracks fitted with air bags and they can handle really well.

Looks rubbish, who in their right mind would bag an A6?!

Jokes - here's mine!!

That's when I was arch to lip, now tucking but need to chop the liners a little as they're fowling. Matt's is looking v cool!

If he meets a speedbump or wants to go on a ferry then all he needs to do is hit a switch and he is at standard height.

Regarding the merc centre caps, They are Mercedes wheels so why go through th effort of finding replacement caps? People have been using different manufacturers wheels on their cars for years ever since old beetles on porsche wheels.

Just looks odd why not put 20" Audi wheel on just my opinion

Hi,
This is definitely not my idea of how to treat a car, but - have you considered that the speedo works from the output shaft of the gearbox which is, presumably, told the original size of wheel fitted in the factory. Altering the rolling diameter of the wheel could cause it to be inaccurate. If the wheels now on are larger than original specified, then the indicated speed could well be lower than the actual road speed.
Possible problems for the future, if your friend likes to push the speed limit?

Just looks odd why not put 20" Audi wheel on just my opinion

errrr, because he likes the style of the mercedes wheels? Just a thought! The number of Audi wheels in 20" is limited so why not use another manufacturers which are easier to fit? Almost all 20" audi wheels are 5x130 so require adapters. Merc wheels are 5x112 so all you need to do is buy a £5 set of spigot rings and you're good to go! :thumbsup:

Hi,
This is definitely not my idea of how to treat a car, but - have you considered that the speedo works from the output shaft of the gearbox which is, presumably, told the original size of wheel fitted in the factory. Altering the rolling diameter of the wheel could cause it to be inaccurate. If the wheels now on are larger than original specified, then the indicated speed could well be lower than the actual road speed.
Possible problems for the future, if your friend likes to push the speed limit?

Not generally aproblem - I know when I went to 20s there was a difference of around 1% in rolling circumference. Hardly something to worry about!

Exactly ^ larger wheel with a lower profile tyre creating a very similar rolling radius.

looking good Charlie !

I absolutely love the car! Slammed on 20s it how these should roll.

I'd like to know specifics on the wheels if you can find out:

I assume they're 9x20 but what offset?

Cheers