what alloys???

saxonblue

Reaction score
as the name suggests , what size/ type of alloys do you think look the best and fit without any messing about on a A6-c6. (3.2fsi Quattro if your gona get technical) I have got some 18s with 225/40/18 tyres on at the mo. but thinking about 19s, what should I do folks? what do you like and dis like. here's mine at the mo
540705_3975037548232_416621458_n.jpg

For the size of car, 19s are a minimum, 20s are perfect. Depends if you want a skinny tyre or not.

I run 265/35s on my 19x9. It's the OEM size for that size wheel. Pretty hard ride really, especially if your on any sort of sports suspension. If you want a smoother ride you'd need to go up in size, but it depends on what width wheels you get.

^^^ Chris am confused as always thought the larger the wheel the harsher the ride (since you'd have less rubber to act as a cushion)?

Coupled with the facts that:

1) Tyre choice is at least halved when you move up to 19's and furthr halved at 20, so there's a lot more choice at 18
2) Larger alloys are invariably heavier increasing unsprung weight which robs you of power*

Is the reason I'll not go larger than 18

* e.g a Oz Ultraleggera in 18" weighs 4kg less than the lightest Ronal meaning an extra 16kg of unsprung weight, I had read somewhere that each additional 2kg robs of 1 x BHP so you'd be at running less power. I had (albeit on a lightweight sportscar) Volk TE37's in 15" these weighed....wait for it...10lbs a corner!!

By comparison of a like wheel size...say 18" a Konsei K1 weighs 7kg/16lbs whereas an 18" Ronal weighs 18kgs, so we're talking an extra 44kg. I even looked at rubber and found a difference of 3kg's on some rubber compounds with Eagle GS-D3's being around the lightest.

Admittedly we're not driving sportscars and such light alloys probs wouldn't take the weight of an A6 :laugh:

WheelWeights.net - Database of Wheel Weights

well folks. I did it. I got
mtwyt1yK-r664jQpzynNVGQ.jpg
these with tyres fitted of the bay , been on the motor about 10 days now, I love um, they rely do alter the look of the car,1 thing I have noticed though is, all the wheels are the same, by that I mean there's no difference in left and right hand sides. meaning (as you can see in the pix all the polished bits face the same way.) now this sounds silly but are they meant t look like this.????? I have seen a few Audis knocking about and there wheels (if the same as mine) are running pointing in a different direction on the driver side of the car to the passenger side?& when you go on audi.co.uk and build your audi A6, the wheels do it on thee too when you lookround thhe car &&, look on google, pix of audi's whit Rotor alloys are the same.....is this something anyone else havs noticed, or am I just being fussy?????

I had rotors on my old A4 and they did the same. Didn't care though. If you could see both sides of the car at the same time I might have done.

I have been looking all over the place , and yep sure enough, every car I have seen that's got rotors on it dose the same, lol guess that makes it ok then