High Mileage A6 2.TDI auto a good idea????

cejsmith

Reaction score
I'm going to look at a 08 2.0TDI auto with 175K on the clock, what should I be looking out for on the car.

Is the oil pump problem that common and is the cvt box good for that sort of mileage??

No the 2.0TDi on that age of car is a multitronic/rubber band box. Not the best of Auto boxes, if it was the 3.0TDi box then fine. Also the oil pump on the A4/A6 model is a concern on the 2.0TDi.

No the 2.0TDi on that age of car is a multitronic/rubber band box. Not the best of Auto boxes, if it was the 3.0TDi box then fine. Also the oil pump on the A4/A6 model is a concern on the 2.0TDi.

IS the oil pump still a problems on 08 cars???

IS the oil pump still a problems on 08 cars???

I think it was sorted by then as it only affected the PD engines, but again, have a good look at the bad points on the Honest John website. From what I understand all Pump Duse engines with an automatic boxes would be best avoided in preference to a manual and common rail diesel engine. There's plenty out there so don't be hasty. You could really live to regret buying a car with a dodgy engine/gearbox combo.

Good Luck
A

CVT box stand back and walk away .
Not one of audis better days .
The quattro models have triptronic they are fine but CVT give it a miss.
I was told this from a master technician

After 07 IIRC the Multitronic was given extra plates Link:- MOTOR Magazine Article | MOTOR Information Systems

The transmission is used widely by Audi and other manufacturers... Tiptronic gearboxes are not without faults either...

The Multitronic vs Tiptronic is out there in huge numbers...

Servicing on the Multitronic is more known to Audi/indi techs and easier + cheaper ... I've had first hand experience of asking for an oil change on a Tiptronic and Audi saying "sealed for life sir!" but ZF the manufacturer of the gearbox suggest differently...

An oil service is £120-£200 on a Multitronic where as just the oil on the Tiptronic is £150 to £300 ...

On the oil pump side I think info is 07/08 has updated hex follower...

Ppossible related thread to view Link:- http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s...ive-guide-audi-vw-skoda-seat.html#post1474244

04-08 is the PD engine ... 09-11 is the CR engine ...

Personally if buying again, regardless of which engine size/transmission I would go 09 onwards as hardware/software wise they are better built cars...