drl.s

saxonblue

Reaction score
ok, I am looking to replace my old normal light bulbs used in the drl's on my motor, with some trendy bright led/smd ones.i have seen some on ebay that say there error free, But say I would need a resister or something so I can use them as a drl???.can I not just use an error free led/smd bulb?

Most 'canbus error free' should work without a problem

I have a pair of the 360-degree "canbus compatible" jobbies as my DRLs, and they look great (and no errors), but I still get a very slight flicker every few seconds (presumably the system pulsing the bulbs to check if they are blown) which I am not totally sure how to get rid of.

Do tell us Fishyfish what ones you have....
Is this a replacement side lamp in the Headlight you use as a Drl ??

The ones I have are something like this 382 Ultimate 92 LED Car Bulb - White or Amber Light

Sorry, I am talking about replacements for the P21W / 382 bulbs in the inner reflectors (I have xenons, so they are only used as DRLs).

If you want "proven" sidelight replacements, along with a wiring harness to make them error-free, I believe forum user/sponsor t8ups might be the man to speak to ;)

I have hid/xenon headlight too. so I also replaced my old side lights with some very cheap, but very good smd ones of eBay. they look good and get rid of the yellow-ie light that you get with the normal bulbs, I had no probs so far with a bulb out warning or anything,
2511871355414040_1.jpg
these are mine (well the ones I got) if anyone is thinking about doing there's .I think I will get some cheap-ish led/smd's off the bay that say there error free and see what happens,

Reactions: gupsterg
Any chance of link to ebay seller via post/pm Saxonblue :friends:I have xenons with std bulbs and wish to update side/DRL bulbs to LED ones...

Super info Gavin :applaus:I think I'll go for those :) ...

I'm more bothered about getting a uniform look when xenons are on rather than having LEDs :) ...

The DRL P21 bulbs don't bother me as much as the sidelights as the xenons are not on when DRL's are on...

sorry for not putting up a link gupsterg, I only just came back on her after a while away , I cant find the actual ones I got on the bay ( the seller). but there all over the place anyway

Come on Gups get on with it you've seen mine.

Reactions: gupsterg