• 1 Post By saxonblue
  • 1 Post By gupsterg
  • 1 Post By Ste_Nova
  • 2 Post By vorsprung dork

Thread: Just bought a a6

1st Gear

Status

Just bought a a6

Hi I have just traded my bulletproof 1.9 tdi Quattro a4 in for a 2007 a6 2.0 s line a6 due to an expanding family I collect it from audi on Monday! Question is have I bought the right car it is a 140 bhp does this engine suffer from serious faults the car is a one owner with 70000 miles on the clock and I have a one year unlimited mileage warranty on it but to be honest I will only do about 8 thousand miles in the first year! It's a tdv what ever that means! I know I should have done my homework first but I have a 30 day exchange !

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    hiya, I went from an A4 to an A6 as well. I wasn't sure about the A6, as I have had a load of A4'S OVER THE YEARS, BUT I AM VERY HAPPY WITH IT, (HUMMM CAPS LOCK IS STUCK LOL)MINE HAS COVERD 123.000 MILES AND IS STILL AS SMOOTH AS A VERY SMOOTHE THING INDEED!!! DONT THINK YOU'LL REGRET THE MOVE MATE, I HAVE HEARD THESE MOTORS ARE JUST AS ON THE MONEY AS ALL AUDIS, SO SMILE AND ENJOY!!!
    vorsprung dork likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    TDV AFAIK means has DPF ...

You can check your PR codes (option codes) via this Link:- PlanetVAG.com - VW & Audi PR Code Search or this Link:- VW Group Option Codes Decoder

Planet VAG link have a handy PDF showing data sticker, instructions,etc ...

There is also this Link:- # VAG Cars Explorer - VIN Search Tool - VW * Audi * Seat * Skoda - Sponsored by TOPWAGEN.COM

They give 100+ PR codes from your VIN vs the limited ones on car data sticker... its a legit site sponsored by a french VAG parts supplier I & others have used it ...

5th Gear

Status
    get the vin and put it into the german my audi site and it will give you the full build details
    VCDS in North Wales
    2007 A6 3.0TDi S-Line Le Mans Avant , adaptive xenon lights, sunroof, privacy glass, towbar, led rears & randomly rear seat airbags
    1999 Honda S2000 , mcb low milage jap import, fully bushed, mugen exhaust <<< for sale! <<<
    2001 Passat TDi 130 Sport < sold!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/Passat/PB140007s.jpg

1st Gear

Status
    Any chance of a link ...

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by vorsprung dork View Post
    Hi I have just traded my bulletproof 1.9 tdi Quattro a4 in for a 2007 a6 2.0 s line a6 due to an expanding family I collect it from audi on Monday! Question is have I bought the right car it is a 140 bhp does this engine suffer from serious faults the car is a one owner with 70000 miles on the clock and I have a one year unlimited mileage warranty on it but to be honest I will only do about 8 thousand miles in the first year! It's a tdv what ever that means! I know I should have done my homework first but I have a 30 day exchange !
    These cars had the PD engine which was replaced at the time of the 2008 facelift for the more modern common rail engine. The PD engines were known to have problems with the turbo intercooler splitting, the oil pump failing and the injectors. Given the age of the car it is likely that if these were going to occur (and the later the build of the car the problems were less common) then they would have and been dealt with. Worth checking with the dealer (assuming it is coming with a full service history) to see if any of these problems have occurred and been dealt with. Otherwise enjoy the car
    2012 A6 Avant 2.0TDi SE
    1970 Lotus Elan +2S

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks all! I love thee a6 now I've had it a month or so! It's in at the steelers at the moment the rear lights were shorting out and the air con centre vent is blowing warm air for some strange reason! Apart from that it needs a remap to sort out lack of low down grunt this will be getting done as soon as I pick it up! O and I can't believe how good it is on fuel for the size! Much better than my 1.9 a4! I never really liked the look of the a6 before I bought one but now I really like them! Mine is avus grey metallic and it has them 19 inch 20 spoke le man alloys and its in pristine condition I will post some picks when I get it back!
    gupsterg and Tuddie like this.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gupsterg View Post
    Any chance of a link ...
    do you not have google?
    VCDS in North Wales
    2007 A6 3.0TDi S-Line Le Mans Avant , adaptive xenon lights, sunroof, privacy glass, towbar, led rears & randomly rear seat airbags
    1999 Honda S2000 , mcb low milage jap import, fully bushed, mugen exhaust <<< for sale! <<<
    2001 Passat TDi 130 Sport < sold!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/Passat/PB140007s.jpg

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ste_Nova View Post
    do you not have google?
    Yep have google (who doesn't ) ... just wanted to make sure was looking at what you are using but no worries anyway ...

5th Gear

Status
    VCDS in North Wales

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ste_Nova View Post
    Have you got this working for your 2007? Brings up the colour and wheels of mine but provides no useful information?

I think myAudi is only for cars with the 3G+ and Online Services?

5th Gear

Status
    thats why you use the german one i think... deffo had one of them working
    https://my.audi.com/content/de/myaudi/de/home.html

VCDS in North Wales

6th Gear

Status
    Nope - still directing towards cars with 3G+ with Online Services!

5th Gear

Status
    oh well, i deffo got all the details for mine before i bought it from one of the myaudi sites
    VCDS in North Wales