New Exhaust!

l66lps

Reaction score
Hey,

Decided to get a custom built one rather than a factory one. Here's a pic (taken by Jonse) what do you think? It is silent on the motorway!

(Towbar fully removable was fixing wiring the other day!!)

Exhaust_130212_zpsb79bc4f8.jpg

Looks nice that! tailpipes just the right size n shape not too ott.

Ive never heard a diesel with a stainless exhaust, what does it sound like pulling away just out of interest? has it made a diff to throttle response?

I perhaps went a little OTT and got quads (alá S6) which is pretty good as was ordered from the factory debadged (by original owner) My neighbour has an S6 and says my zaust looks (but doesn't sound) better :O) Lifetime transferrable warranty with Tony Banks in Leeds.

BeastRearBeast

I'm happy with the overall look since enhances the black/chrome theme and doesn't IM(not so H)O look too Chavy :O)

Ive never heard a diesel with a stainless exhaust, what does it sound like pulling away just out of interest? has it made a diff to throttle response?

Hi He is my mate. He doesnt come on here to often. Were going to the south west meet tomorrow, so ill get a video tomorrow and put it up.

It sounds awesome. I never expect a diesel to sound that nice :)

Reactions: Tuddie
Yeah sorry don't come here much, it sounds great at low revs and is quiet on the motorway. Throttle response didn't really make too much of a difference. I got it more because the old one was blowing, Audi wanted a small fortune for a replacement and I'd used this place before so thought, why not! :)

Reactions: Tuddie
Just ran out with ruler, they are rolled-in 3"

Yep custom by Tony Banks in Leeds

No vibration or rubbing to report...however it's a complete PITA to keep them shiny...worth it though!

Cheap too at £299 fitted...worth the 400 mile drive as £600+ for a SS system near me

As said earlier I wanted a system with a transerrable lifetime warranty, so will only have to be done once. :sly:

I just use some cleaner wax on the visible polished bits at each wash, it defo sounds better than stock when loud pedal is pressed :laugh:

Get a vid up please someone im dying to hear a diesel with a performance exhaust fitted.