Lowering springs

Tuddie

Reaction score
Wasnt gonna mess about with my car but its started already lol So does anyone know which are the best lowering springs to fit to my 2010 2.0 tdi A6? im not fussed about being the lowest i just want the back down a bit more so it sits more level. I think it needs just down a touch front and rear to make it look nicer.

I'd go for a set of coilovers if you can afford them.

If not i'd say go for H&R springs.

I've been quite happy with the Eibach Pro Kits I have fitted to my avant... sits fractionally lower than S-Line spec, but not as jarring in terms of ride quality.

However, if it is all about looks, you may be better off getting some cheap-ish coil-overs, so you can adjust the stance exactly as you prefer it. There are about a billion options out there for coilovers, but presuming you are not aiming for kidney-smashing race handling, you could look for opinions on brands like KW (Variant 1's or Street Comfort) and AP.

Just springs for me, its an everyday car so i want the comfort of springs and their much cheaper as ive got my Focus to be modding in the summer. Once its lowered ill be getting some nice 20" alloys ion the same style as my 19's. Any recommendations on where to get my springs ? oh and cheers for the quick replys.

Mine is also a daily driver, so I can appreciate where you are coming from.

I got my springs from Larkspeed, but that was simply due to them having the best price on the kit I wanted (originally I was chasing a Bilstein B12 kit, but after many months of being d!cked about by Bilstein re supply problems, I opted for an Eibach Pro / Koni FSD setup instead).

I can also thoroughly recommend the H&R anti-roll bar kit if you are interested in sharpening up the handling without killing the ride comfort ;)