Number Plate Lights

ChrisFurlong

Avantageous
Reaction score
Hi guys,

With my new bootlid just arrived (facelift one), I'm looking to upgrade from the halogen number plate lights to LED ones.

I've done a bit of searching, and found 2 part numbers, and was just wondering if anyone else here has fitted them and not had any problems.

Numbers are 4H0943021/22. I only want OEM ones, but I don't want any bulb out errors.

If anyones fitted them, please let me know how they are.

Thanks,
Chris.

They will fit (afaik) up to and including MY2008.

As long as you dont change your central convenience module you will be fine as your CCM will still be 2005.

I have them fitted to my January 2008 car without error.

Last edited:
Sorry to hijack this thread but i pick up my new A6 2010 model next week and im after led numberplate bulbs anyone recommend some decent ones?

I'm also looking into this, can you not fit error free LED festoon bulbs around a tenner a pair

can you not fit error free LED festoon bulbs around a tenner a pair

From others experiences that I've read it can be hit and miss finding one's which do not error...

Even the ones that people advertise as CAN Bus error free...

At least with genuine gear it work AOK first time...

From others experiences that I've read it can be hit and miss finding one's which do not error...

Even the ones that people advertise as CAN Bus error free...

At least with genuine gear it work AOK first time...

Unfortunately it is not a simple as that, it is more down to your car rather than the bulbs.

CANBUS (error free) bulbs do not generally work on the newer cars 2009 ish onwards,
however 2012 cars can have the numberplate cold warnings coded out with VCDS (you can code it out on earlier cars as well… but it doesn’t work and you still get the ‘bulb out’ warning on the DIS).

Even genuine Audi LED numberplate lights gave an error on our MY11 TT, the only option then was to fit either resistors or an additional bulb (inside the boot lid and unseen).

I've fitted LED sidelight bulbs to my C6 no problem they cost £7.99 for the pair from Ebay, and don't look to bad either. Today I took the plunge and spent all of £1.75 :rock:
on two LED error free festoon bulbs for the number plate lights I'll update with the results when i get them

Even genuine Audi LED numberplate lights gave an error on our MY11 TT, the only option then was to fit either resistors or an additional bulb (inside the boot lid and unseen).

Post 1 Chris have 2005 want LED's... Post 3 Tuddie also want LED's but 2010... so in Post 4 there is the LED Units and easy fit Kauftec Resitor cable links....

I've fitted LED sidelight bulbs to my C6 no problem they cost £7.99 for the pair from Ebay, and don't look to bad either. Today I took the plunge and spent all of £1.75
rock.gif

on two LED error free festoon bulbs for the number plate lights I'll update with the results when i get them

WOW, great prices:icon_thumright: ... Links on ebay sellers chap ;)

Canbus LED festoons will work on the A6's, even on a 2011 model without throwing up errors.

its only the A3's from 2009 that are an issue.

i sell led festoons that are Error free and will work in cars up untill 61reg.

The OEM lamps from Audi have just had a price hike due to the demand. they are now £16.50 each inc VAT as i bought 5 pairs the other day.

Dont waste your money buying that resistor loom as it wont be needed.

Trups

Post 1 Chris have 2005 want LED's... Post 3 Tuddie also want LED's but 2010... so in Post 4 there is the LED Units and easy fit Kauftec Resitor cable links....

WOW, great prices:icon_thumright: ... Links on ebay sellers chap ;)

Gup these are what I bought

2pcs 36mm 3 SMD Pure White Dome Festoon CANBUS Error Free Car 3 LED Light Bulb | eBay

2 x ERROR FREE CANBUS W5W T10 501 LED SIDE LIGHT BULB 13 SMD | eBay

Sidelights work well no problems I'll update with number plate lights when i get them with pics :yes:

Got my Kauftec numberplate lights yesterday they took ages to arrive but thats them on the car and looking good, you any pics of your number plate lights Chadders?

Got my Kauftec numberplate lights yesterday they took ages to arrive but thats them on the car and looking good, you any pics of your number plate lights Chadders?
Not arr yet they are coming from China Though I'll chase them up on ebay. As soon as they are in I'll takes some pics

Well after a long and hazardous journey from somewhere in China my £1.67 inc shipping LED error free number plate bulbs arrived and here is the results by the way that price is for 2

nCode.png
Click this bar to view the original image of 1024x768px.
20121217_1915numberplatebulb_zps6593eda0.jpg

I'm quite impressed they went in no problem

I think this thread might be resolved now, but in case anyone in the future is searching, I've got a pair of the geuine Audi 4H0942021/22 units in my 2009 RS6 with no errors showing.

Chris