MMI/Multi CD changer issue

linners

Reaction score
Guys

I can't eject the CD in the multi changer in the glove box - (the CD was included in the purchase a couple of weeks ago - I realise why now!!!) The unit looks like it's going to eject but gives up and plays the disc instead....

I can see that there are a couple of slots at the base of the unit in the glove box - I'm assuming that these are to release the whole unit? Is this repairable or am I looking at a new CD changer?

I'm not really an in-car CD man but will look to integrate my iPod instead (but that's for another post on here)

If you have MMI high it's a straight swap for the Audi music interface unit and yes you need the two removal keys to pull the unit.

Looks a bit pricey for a replacement unit

I'm not sure which version MMI I have :?
Mine is the full colour screen with SATNAV

My car is a 57 plate A6 S Line Avant if that helps.....

As I'm only after iPod use, will this cable do the job:

iPod/iPhone 3G S/4/4S Audio Interface AMI Cable for Audi A3 A4 A5 A6 A8 TT Q5 Q7 | eBay

Thanks again
No, because you need the AMI unit in order to use this cable and it is unlikely based on age that your car has that (worth checking to see if there is a socket in the roof of the glovebox, if there is then you have AMI and all you need is the cable. If not and as you have the 2G MMI High system you will need something like this Audi Music Interface AMI A4 A5 A6 A8 Q5 Q7 COMPLETE RETROFIT INSTALL KIT NEW !!! | eBay. If you are happy to lose the CD Unit then it should be a straight swap. If you want both then it is rather more involved. You may also need to upgrade the MMI software version to support the AMI (I believe v5570 is the most recent for cars with 2G MMI)

Damn! :keule:

Is there a 3.5mm adaptor that I can connect to this without using the MMI functionality, ie. use the controls on the iPod itself (or any other 3.5mm output source)?

I'm not sure which version MMI I have :?

Press "Car".... then select "Settings"... then select "Version"... below photo underlined is my MMI version...

MMIVersion.jpg

If you want to update your MMI firmware you must do that before you get shot of CD changer as update at home is via CD...

Is there a 3.5mm adaptor that I can connect to this...

If you mean to AMI yes 3.5mm cable available... without AMI MMI have no AUX input... another route... Link:- Dension Homepage

Some rate Dension other's not... I prefer AMI... but if you have no bluetooth Dension is easier retro to get AUX input/BT...

Last edited:
Thanks Gupsterg - looks like I'll have to do the AMI upgrade at some point to get what I want from the system. I might even see if I can fiddle around and try and service the CD changer

In the meantime, and far from ideal, anyone on here have any experience of FM transmitters such as this:

Belkin CarAudio Connect FM: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics=

(There's so much sh*t on the radio these days!!!)

TIA

Thanks Gupsterg - looks like I'll have to do the AMI upgrade at some point to get what I want from the system. I might even see if I can fiddle around and try and service the CD changer

In the meantime, and far from ideal, anyone on here have any experience of FM transmitters such as this:

Belkin CarAudio Connect FM: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics=

(There's so much sh*t on the radio these days!!!)

TIA
No experience of that device but I have used a previous version of this device Griffin Roadtrip for iPhone and iPod with SmartScan FM: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics which has the advantage of no wires and it charges you "iDevice" at the same time. Worked well. Only issue with all of these devices is that as you drive around the country you have to change the FM frequency being used to avoid competing with local transmitters