rear wash wipe problem

Chadders

Reaction score
Although I'm a newbie! to here would appreciate some help I've searched this problem but couldn't find anything. The rear wash wipe on my Avant has stopped working the motor works good and strong and the fronts work. The water from the rear just dribbles out I've blown the nozzles and stuck a pin in no change. I can't see any wet patches in the boot and checked the tailsgate, nice and dry so is the head lining. Where is the likely problem to be?
Cheers

Hi bud.. Not sure if the same problem
But my rear arm stopped working could hear the motor trying to go but no movement..
I looked everywhere for problem turned out that the rear arm had just got abit stiff.
Try put it on and then move the arm yourself ( gently )
Hope this helps with that ... Fingers crossed .. Sorry if not mate

Luke

Thanks Luke the rear arm works fine its just no water comes out.

Hmmm not sure if the rear jet is on te same pump as the front tbh ?? Would of thort soo :-/

Sorry no help mate hope u get it sorted soon 👍

It does sound like the seals have gone inside the motor. You might not notice the water in the boot as it tends to leak down passed the boot catch.
I'd take the boot rear panel off and get someone to operate the rear wash wipe and check to see if it is leaking.
It is on the same pump as the front.

Hi guys :)

I've done a refurb on my motor twice... so without repeating info here is link to my fixes...

Link:- Audi A6 Avant ( 4F C6 ) Rear wiper motor removal / refurb / install

I just hope you don't have leak on the pipework going to rear washer causing lack of pressure...

I had nearly about three or so when I got my car last year and fixed the issue... a real PITA as it runs under carpet from washer fluid reservoir... took me two attempts to dry carpet...

Thanks for that i'll have a go at removing the trim to see if the piping has come off

I had much the same problem last year.
Due to the cold weather the pipework to the rear froze and the joint in the pipe popped loose.
It took a long time to locate where, and I was lucky (sort of) as it was the first joint off the pump (outside the badywork).
The tank is inside the rear of the nearside (UK) wheel arch and to get at it you have to remove the wheel arch liner. I only realised where the leak was when I saw water dripping down behind the front wheel after yet another attempt to locate the leak by running the pump.
Since then I have also had a problem with the rear nozzles furring up and ended up having to use a modelling drill to clear them out! (I do live in a very hard water area).
Hope you get to the bottom of it soon.

marsmail

Well interesting update seems the problem with my washer was the bottle top not fitting tightly with a little piece of self adhesive foam it seems to have cured it although the pressure isn't great, but it works

Yes hopfully someone will find this thread helpfull I never thought a poor seal on the washer fluid bottle cld cause such an issue