19" wheels.... or not?

linners

Reaction score
First post in the A6 forum so "Hi" first of all
(used to be a A4 B6 cab owner before growing up (old) and needing a bigger car)

I'm just about to buy an A6 Avant and want to pimp it up with some nicer wheels than the OEM 16" nasties that I've seen they commonly come with. I'd like to get some 19" reps of the Audi style wheels and was wondering what my offset and width/profile ranges are. I've heard that they can fit 255 wide tyres ..... niiiice :) However, this can be a costly option and the ride quality might be compromised. Any advice from anyone on here with a 19" set-up would be greatly appreciated

Or should I ditch the idea and stick with an 18" set up???

TIA

I've got 19" BBS Speedlines. Look great and the ride is still very comfortable.

I run 265/35/19s without a problem. The rides still ok.

Id say you need at least 19s to look right, 20s are spot on. I only went for 19s due to my budget.

i have the standard 255/35/19's on my lemans avant at the mo but have some 20" rs6 rims with 255/30/20 tyres to go back on when i find a nice person to repair the dam pot hole crack. and ride was fine on them too.

as above i have the standard 19 inch twin spoke with 255/35/19 and the ride is great even better than my A4 tha had 18s on
agree tho 19s are the min size to look good under the a6 arches but 20s would be spot on if your budget allows

My mate is running his S6 on 20's with 245/30 tyres. Its slammed and only has minor rubbing.

20's fill the arches much better than 19's and you can go mega low!

You planning any suspension mods?

Hello,

Would you be able to specify the exact tyres you initially had fitted?

What is the year and engine type of you car?

If you can give me this information we'll be able to give a more detailed response.

Thanks!

The rezulteo team

Hello,

Would you be able to specify the exact tyres you initially had fitted?

What is the year and engine type of you car?

If you can give me this information we'll be able to give a more detailed response.

Thanks!

The rezulteo team

here's an a6 c6 tyre sticker

Untitled by Ste_Nova, on Flickr

i assume all these tyre sizes are acceptable, assuming the wheels fit over the brakes

Thanks for replies so far guys

I may have found a nice S-Line with some nice RS6 style 18" so will probably make do with those until budget allows for some nice 19"
I wouldn't be able to live with 16"s

Not planning any suspension mods

as far as i know 16's only fit basic 2.0 fwd a6's any of the quattro and 3.0/2.7's need 17 min to clear the calipers.