Exhaust options

Rikster23

On the facelift path...
Reaction score
Hi,

I will be joining the A6 club in a few weeks when I pick up a second hand 07 A6 2.0 TDI with 60k on the clock.
Its been remapped already (whoop whoop) and professionally valeted (so they say).

The car is an upgrade from a 8L A3 which has served my family for a good number of years. We are expecting a new addition to the family in August hence the upgrade from the A3.

We thought about going to an A4, but the price difference was quite attractive so we will be heopfulyl enjoying the new car for years to come.

Im not a petrolhead or a modder of any sort, but I wanted to keep some smooth lines and will debadge the rear A6 and TDI badges.
I was looking at possibly changing the exhaust as I (not hate it...but) dislike the exhaust pipes as they are pointing downwards.

What options do I have to make this change? What is the outcome of such a mod? Will there be any difference in power?

Look forward to some replies and advice.
Thanks in advance.

When i got my A6 estate i was the first person to ask Milltek for one & had to drive down there to get them to design & fit one to it.

Give them a call as i,m sure they must still hold the details on file

How long ago was this? Do you have costings for this so I can budget for such upgrade?

Thats a fair price, did you notice any difference? Was the exhaust note nicer? Any improvement in response?

yes it looked nicer with the rolled pipes. It was chipped after the exhaust was fitted so cannot tell whether it made a difference to the performance

Thanks for the info.
Another others who have changed their exhaust?