2006 2.0 tdi worth buying or walk away

Simon Tate

Reaction score
Hi guys

New here and looking at buying a 2006 a6 2.0tdi with 46000 miles £10,000 is it worth buying or should I leave it alone due to the oil pump problems. It has full Audi service history and is being sold by a local Vauxhall dealer.How big a problem is the oil pump failure does it affect all cars or is it just an unfortunate few.

Any advise on this would be greatly appreciated as the more I look into it the more I get confused.

Cheers

Simon

Hi guys

New here and looking at buying a 2006 a6 2.0tdi with 46000 miles £10,000 is it worth buying or should I leave it alone due to the oil pump problems. It has full Audi service history and is being sold by a local Vauxhall dealer.How big a problem is the oil pump failure does it affect all cars or is it just an unfortunate few.

Any advise on this would be greatly appreciated as the more I look into it the more I get confused.

Cheers

Simon

Read the sticky on the B7 A4 forum and check the engine code before you make a decision.
Its a case of you pays your money and you takes your pick.
Sorry I can't be more specific without writing several paragraphs and its bed time here, Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The way that I see it, every car has their common problems, the fact that you're aware of the possibilty of something going wrong speaks volumes about how interested you are in the car. Why not buy it and do the oil pump anyway......if a pump has lasted almost 6yrs so far, is it not reasonable to suppose that a new pump will also last this long, also, you will probably be thinking of selling the car within the next 6 yrs anyway so it would offer you 5 or so years reassurance to get it done as a matter of course, along with the timing belt, servicing etc etc. It might cost you an extra few hundred quid upfront, but I find that spending the money on preventative measures is often more economical than spendin money on repairs after something has gone wrong!

reguarding balance shaft problems. if its one of the effected engine codes and theres nothing in the history to say its been changed.... i wouldnt touch it!