C6 3.0 TDI smoking...??

crispin

Reaction score
My A6 3.0 TDI Estate has started smoking intermittently. It seems to be getting more frequent but most of the time it is fine. When it smokes it is quite full on but when it doesn't the car is just fine. Any idea guys?? I have plugged in my code reader and it says the engine is all good? any help greatly received. Thanks

I've been scanning the internet and it seems 6 x injectors!!!! scarey..any stories / advice needed.

can i asked how you got on with this and how you resolved the issue?

egr? this doesnt show on vcds.

injectors would.

I have a different thread with the full story, I had to change all 6 injectors!!! Found on ebay 2nd hand over a year ago and all good :)

I have a different thread with the full story, I had to change all 6 injectors!!! Found on ebay 2nd hand over a year ago and all good :)

Oops didn't realise you were the op - sorry!

Last edited:
nothing to be sorry for, happy to help.....:)

Hi Crispin :) , I read your other thread quite a while ago...

I keep eye on ebay for cheap injectors just to grab set in case mine go south as they are first edition eg rev S
I did a thread on another forum, with my VCDS MVB's of them and got answered that they all good...
I won't link as I don't know etiquette of these things and not wish to offend site operaters,etc...
May just bite bullet and still change as want car at peak performance for remap :yes:
Yours is the best purchase/fitted price I've ever seen £700... :yes:
Were yours used or new??
Do you still have name of ebay seller??
If you paid via paypal in transaction history you can find seller name etc...
Thanks in advance for any info you can give :beerchug:

Last edited:
Hi, they were used, had for over year now and still good. they are the later model number.
I searched for parts listed with my engine code and in fact the breakers were selling another component but I asked and they had them.....
It may take a while though and I had to ask a few places. Be careful with ebay as there are alot of people selling crap on here to!! Good luck