paintwork paintwork worse than a hyundai

hoddy8770

Reaction score
i changed my old 1999 t hyundai with no rust and buy a quality product (Not)the two front wings are started to bubble.paint thickness completed by an Audi dealer as they should be,warranty turned down.Car has only done 49000.

If the wings are bubbling I'd say it's and accident repair job and there not the orig oem wings on.

Ihave had the car back to Audi and they did paint thickness test's and they as per manufacterer specification.But turn the warranty claim down,i have no idea neither does the Audi dealer.

Audi can be pita when they dont want to pay up! The paintwork should be covered for 12 years. Dont worry I am having the same issue only my rust is on the roof rail and Audi are stating that the factory will do me a good will gesture and pay for 70% and I would have to pay £316! Worse thing is when you walk into some dealer they look down on you as if they own Audi and forgetting they just simply work there!

Remember the paint/corrosion warrenty is (should although some dealers sometimes waiver this) only valid if the car has been serviced at a main dealer all it's life.

This is because part of the main dealer service is for the car to be visually inspected for any body work defects. Ask any dealer's warrenty depart for the T&Cs and it's there in black and white.

i have just had the outcome from the Audi independant paint inspector and it is caused by the inner dust cover rubbing against the wing edge.Guess what Audi have said.......Not covered as its a mechanical defect.????????

plastic inner wing covers are part of the body work surley? a chunk of plastic with screws holding it on..... how is that anything mechanical?

have they ever been disturbed or removed and refitted for any work on the car since it was new?

paint work is 3 yr warrenty as is mechanical defects, corrosion is a 12 yr warrenty. So if its corroded from the inside out you are prob ok, but if it's rusted due to lack of sufficient paint sadly you are out of luck

Just had report by independant inspector and the inner dust covers caused the corrosion but Audi still wont cover it.I am glad i did not pay the £200 for this.They now say they would have covered it but cause it does not have Audi history they wont.My arguement was i told them this before and were quite happy.The car is a one owner previous to me and it was owned by a garage owner who serviced the car himself with Audi parts (i would have thought that ok) I think hey just have tried everything to get out of this WELL DONE AUDI