Chris NottVolks Autos
    Reverse Gear

Status

MMI problems (bootloader screen) A6 C6....ADMITTEDLY SELF INFLICTED

Hi All,

PLEASE HELP>>>>>

I have recently purchased 2007 A6 3L TDI.....

I know its my own fault for messing with the MMI hidden settings when stuck in traffic, but I'm in a right pickle as I now have a message on my screen stating

Bootloader version 2.4 unreadable CD"
    MMI (H43) applications update
    Searching download CD
    unreadable CD

I cannot get rid of this screen and now nothing works (no radio, sat nav, phone). I have tried resetting (pressing setup, MMI nob and right upper button simulataneously) but it does not solve the issue

I'm presuming the only fix is to pay my local dealer to reset the whole system?

Has anyone done the same and managed to rectify this without involving an Audi dealer? Even VAG-COM does not work when connected to the car.

Many thanks in anticipation.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Sorry I cannot help with the actual problem - but maybe worth posting on this forum, http://audiforum.us/mmi/ - a lot more info and experts on MMI there

2nd Gear

Status
    I would say that could be a trip to the Audi dealer to get eh MMi re-configured. If you cant get back into the MMI Hidden menu again, then the dealer may be the only option
    Q7 S Line 2010
    MMI 3G
    Adaptive Cruise Control
    Superchip Remap
    Blackvue front and rear accident camera

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks Cockney Boy, I've booked in with the local dealership tomorrow morning. Apparently the whole MMI system has to be reloaded.

All I was trying to do was get the AC settings to appear on the MMI screen!! Now its going to cost me 97+VAt/hour to fix...my own fault I suppose.

6th Gear

Status
    What you have done is basically ask the MMI to reload from disk. So all you need is an update disk in the CD changer and it will reload. Do a search form MMI 5570 updates on google and download disk 1, burn it to a CD and put it in the 1st slot of the CD changer. When your MMI restarts it should read the disk and reload the MMI.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Have you tried disconnecting the battery?

6th Gear

Status
    It wont help, the bootloader is the lowest level of firmware in the MMI module and still requires a reload of the MMI software to make it work

2nd Gear

Status
    how do we find out what version we are running as everywhere is on about 5570 or 5150 or lower but ive read so many pages but cant find out how to work it out lol, sorry to hijack thread

Reverse Gear

Status
    Just thought I'd update anyone that reads this thread. ........

Since the "bootloader" message appeared on my MMI screen and I subsequently downloaded a the "5570" update from the internet, I have inadvertently
    damaged the ECU that controls the MMI system. To fix this "little" problem is now going to make me 1,050 lighter in the pocket as my local Audi dealership needs to replace the damaged ECU.
    The technician has tried all diagnostics and the update CDs himself but to no prevail.

Really embarrassing as it is purely my own fault. However, I thought I'd update the thread, as it prooves that you should not mess with your cars settings if you do not fully understand the system.

Unfortunately, I have learnt the hard way.

6th Gear

Status
    That shouldn't have happened. Disk 1 contains 5150 only and is everything needed to recover an MMI unit.

Many other people have had this issue before when experimenting with the hidden menus, including myself, and have recovered there MMI control boxes.

Reverse Gear

Status

MMI failed on 2007 A6 avant

I need some help as my MMI has failed due to water ingress (rear washer) in the rear n/s panel soaking the Bose amplifier. (have upgraded music in my 2.7Tdi Avant S line 2007). I dried it out and it worked for a while but bit by bit the volume, radio, screen, blue tooth etc started to fail. Now nothing works. Have tried to find a replacement amp but to no avail, (£1000 for a new one +++?)
    I understand there is a known problem and in certain cases Audi have admitted fault & repaired/replaced?
    Has anyone out there had a similar experience? Any suggestions how I can approach this please .......

1st Gear

Status
    This post is actually in the wrong forum (seems to have got left behind when the old A6 forum was split into model based sub-fora) as this forum is for the C5 model which did not have MMI. Suggest you post this on the C6 forum
    2012 A6 Avant 2.0TDi SE
    1970 Lotus Elan +2S