Airbag Light

alex100a

Reaction score
We'll after spendingbest part of a day changing my air con evaporator I'm now left with an aibag light on constantly!! I did everything to the letter with regards removal/installation and have spent a good hour double checking all the connections are ok.

Is it worth getting one of those diagnostic tool off ebay?? Can these reset a light or only give me a fault code (if one is stored).

Thanks

Alex

I would say the diagnostic tool will show a few faults up, but you may want to get a genuine lead from VCDS. or find someone local who can do it for you. I am in Aylesbury, but i know a few more members that in your area.

Thanks for your reply Cockney Boy.

I’ve ordered a cheap cable of eBay this morning as it was only £8 so thought it was worth a shot. Done some more research and it appears other people have had the same problem after removing steering wheels etc .

Just hoping the Ross-tech software that come with the cable will be able to reset rather than just give me error codes but the seller did not know and its not clear from the Ross-tech website whether this option needs an upgraded version. Do you know?

If this all fails I might take you up on you offer of trying to find a local member who might be able to help.

Thanks

Alex

Recieved cheap lead and software today off eBay and its done the job. No light on and just hoping it stays off now.

Have you got a link to the cable you bought ?

Thanks

Type the below into eBay:

VAG COM USB ODB2 DIAGNOSTIC CABLE 409.1 OBD2 II LEAD

Sorry for delay in replying but been away.

Alex