What oil for A6 Allroad 2.7T?

Nessy

VW + Audi mad
Reaction score
Hi,
The stepfather has just bought a 2001 2.7T Allroad Tiptronic and I've been roped in to give it a good service etc.
Sadly it didn't come with a glovebox manual so I'm struggling to find out 2 things; the volume of oil needed (oil filter included), and what grade of oil should we use?
I am tempted to use Quantum Platinum fully synthetic that I use in my A4 TDI, but want to make sure that whatever I use is the right specification oil for the V6 ARE-code engine of the Allroad.......
Would be very grateful for any info.

Thanks!

It doesn't specifically answer your question for a 2.7T but if you take a look at...

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?87609-2.5-TDI-Oil-Change

...it does contain all the phone numbers and websites you need to get a definitive answer.

FWIW I bought my (Quantum) oil from an Audi main-dealer as it was far cheaper than buying e.g. Castrol Edge from Halfords, and having quoted them my VIN I was assured of getting the correct oil for my car. Plus, I needed to go there anyway to buy an oil filter...

Thanks, have to confess that I've gone out and bought some Quantum Platinum fully synthetic already........
Used to run my 80 TDI and more recently my A4 TDI on the Synta Gold fully synthetic and was very impressed with it, now that it has been replaced by the Platinum stuff I'm using that, at £20ish a can from the dealer its an excellent buy IMHO.