Cam Belt/Tensioner Change

I

imported_shipp

Has anyone changed a Timing belt and tensioner on a 1.8T(2000)? I've heard that in order to do it, headlights, bumpers and other things have to be removed first.

Does anyone know if this is the case?

Cheers

Hi Shipp

There is definately a problem here that Audi won't admit. My cam chain and tensioner went at 36k. The stealers charged me £830 including parts and VAT. I complained to Audi UK and they agreed to contribute 50% towards the parts, reducing the bill to £530

My advice is get the stealers to do the repair but get all the parts you need from VAGPARTS they are far cheaper than Audi.

My advice would be to change the water pump and the cambelt as all these will be asccessible they should not charge the labour for this just the parts which you can get cheaper from elsewhere, if they do complain to Audi Uk.

These guys really take the [censored] here, you buy an Audi thinking it's a solid car nothing this major should go wrong with it. Stand your ground mate with Audi. Let me know how it goes.

Taj

Thanks guys,

Got the motor booked in for Friday at the local dealer.
Has anyone any idea how much a water pump is as they're gonna charge me £100 (incl Fitting + VAT) to put a new one in.

To be honest I didn't think it would be that much, am I getting robbed?