99 v6 tdi sport

jimes

Reaction score
hi all newbie here. i have just got a 99 a6 tdi sport quattro saloon auto. love the car but i got it as a trade sale knowing it had probs so it was cheap. just a few probs that id like hepl on if any has any ideas. first it wont seem to rev above 3k just losses all power, not sure if this all the time as ive not driven much. seems ok at light throttle and will go above the speed limit im sure!:) also when pulling up and at tick over i get oil smoke,not every time but a fair bit then doesnt do it again for some time(turbo seals?) and has anybody suffered from prop/diff vibration at around 80? doesnt feel like wheel balace to me. just a few things to think about! thanks all!

I had the same problem with the lack of power and have replaced the MAF which seems to have cured it and stopped it smoking as much too. No vibration though so cant help there, does it feel like its coming from the front or rear?
I would get the wheels balanced JIC though. (out of balance on the front is usually felt through the steering wheel and rear through the seat)

hi all newbie here. i have just got a 99 a6 tdi sport quattro saloon auto. love the car but i got it as a trade sale knowing it had probs so it was cheap. just a few probs that id like hepl on if any has any ideas. first it wont seem to rev above 3k just losses all power, not sure if this all the time as ive not driven much. seems ok at light throttle and will go above the speed limit im sure!:) also when pulling up and at tick over i get oil smoke,not every time but a fair bit then doesnt do it again for some time(turbo seals?) and has anybody suffered from prop/diff vibration at around 80? doesnt feel like wheel balace to me. just a few things to think about! thanks all!

well now you replace the maf if all well good if you still getting smoke there is an air breather at the blow the backend of the pump replace this if the car goes into limp mode the turbo vnt are sticking perhaps a hard drive up the motor if still goes into limp mode turbo can be stripped and cleaned , there are write up on here give you step by step how to do this. if not i got one turbo here of a4 2.5 tdi quattro as remove from mine stripped and cleaned just kept as a spare

well now you replace the maf if all well good if you still getting smoke there is an air breather at the blow the backend of the pump replace this if the car goes into limp mode the turbo vnt are sticking perhaps a hard drive up the motor if still goes into limp mode turbo can be stripped and cleaned , there are write up on here give you step by step how to do this. if not i got one turbo here of a4 2.5 tdi quattro as remove from mine stripped and cleaned just kept as a spare

Turbo vanes not always the cause for this, the N75 which controls the vanes often breaks on high mileage, this is alot easier to fix! simply replace with the one controlling EGR as you don't want EGR anyway blocking up the intake!