Chris NottMonster Motorsport
    Reverse Gear

Status

wdo you think these will fit my allroad ..... with a bit of tyre stretch!!

hi guys what are your thoughts on fitting or attempting to fit some 10"x20's ET32 alloys and stretch some tyres on like sone 245's for a bit of euro look??

spacers can be used but wondered what the largest wheels people were using at mo.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Have you considered the possible negative affect on the handling (especially with spacers sp you can still get some turning circle), and extra wear on things such as wheel-bearings? Also, are 245s (especially the low profile ones you'd need) going to be safe, let alone work properly, if stretched that wide?

Apologies if you have already researched these points, but they are questions I would be asking myself if considering such a change.
    2003 A6 Allroad 2.5 Tdi

Reverse Gear

Status
    yeah i see what your saying .. but if im honest extra wear is extra wear .... il simply fix her more oftern!! lol

e.g people say if you lower the allroad max is 20mm front 18mm rear .. as i type mines being lowered 25mm front and 20mm rear.. im not 1 for the norm!!

but i totally hear what your saying as for safety .. yes this is most important .. but if i go for 245's or even 255's the stretch will be minimal in all honesty ... not like thes loon's that put 195's on 9" rims and stuff..

2nd Gear

Status
    I'm running 225/35 rubber on 8.5x20" rims, lowered about 50mm, ET35

9"x20 will fit and i'm currently looking for some bentley mulliners to replace my 20's which are 9" wide.

Stretched tyres on an alroad? the only issues I can think of are clearance for the front suspension arm, 10" and u'd need spacers, but not an issue of you spend the right money and buy proper hubcentric ones which bolt on and have new bolt holes on the spacer to bolt in to, with this type 30-40mm+ is safe.

But then again on an alroad i don't think arch rubbing issues will be an issue! If you're willing to spend the money on spacers (up to 50 each) then they should fit with no problems.

Reverse Gear

Status
    yep, thats what i was thinking ! i have some 18in ABT's on it at moment with i think must be a 20mm spacer on .... so was just going to use them, hoping they are hubcentric otherwise yes mate il get some proper ones, or even some 5x112's to 5x130 converter ones as ive spotted some porsche rims i like problem is the offsetts are HUGE as are amost porsche rims so id need some HUGE spacers to boot.