MAIN FAN KEEPS COMiING ON WHEN ENGINE COLD AND SWITCHED OFF.

KJN

Reaction score
Hi All,

Well had to call out the breakdown service this morning as my 54 reg A6 2.0 TDI battery was as flat as a pancake, absolutely nothing in it at all, so after the breakdown guy came and gave it a quick jump start, I let the car run for about 15 minutes, the next step for me was to charge the battery this I started to do, after about 4 hours and whilst talking to my neighbour I heard the main fan come on at full speed for a couple of minutes then it went off, this seems to be continuing, and probably tha cause of why the battery was flat in the first place . Any idea what is causing this please? Many Thanks.

You need to get down to your local Audi dealer, as there is a re-call for this fault. I had mine done recently while it was in for a service. There is a mod for the wiring loom to the Fan, you will still have it done even though your car is out of warranty

O.K. On my way down to the Dealers this morning and the coolant light came on, got out checked it and level was fine , had a steady drive down there and told them the latest. They will fit a EGR? valve next Tuesday keep the car for 3 days to find out why battery is draining, and suppy a courtesy carso no complaints from me matter dealt with very professionally, also covered by extended warranty so all good so far.

Phone call today from Main Dealers, car ready for collection, they found the battery drain to be due to the fan cutting in when it should not, i.e. 4 hours after the car has been used etc, although my model/year was not down as a recall they made the same rectification as the recall cars, take back the A3 s line tomorrow shame just getting use to it, Thanks Cockney Boy for informing me of the recall.