Premium Diesel for Audi

herbert

Reaction score
Dear All

What is the forum's thoughts on the use of premium diesel for Audi engines?

I have an A6 3.0 TDI and wonder if it makes any difference to use the more expensive diesels out there.
Does it enhance performance/ clean the engine or improve economy; or is this a marketing ploy to get you to buy a more expensive product?

What do you think?

Regards

Mark

they did do a real life test on 5th gear i think it was and it did improve economy and slight improvement on performance, but is it worth the extra pennies per litre that is the question :p

On an economy scale it isn't worth it as the extra mpg will not outweight the xtra cost...

but in the grand scheme of things the actual difference in cost is minimal unless you are doing literaly millions of miles a year, I filled up with BP Ultimate the other day and it was £1.25 per litre compared to about £1.19/1.20 for 'normal' therefore it cost me £75 to fill up rather than £72 (60 litres).

If you take into account the 'extra' mpg from the premium diesel then I'm more than happy to give the beast a treat.

Ps i also stuck some redex cleaner in at the same time but i'm a bit anal:sadlike:

My 2.5 TDi is definitely faster, smoother and is more economical on Shell V power - all my previous cars - petrol Alfas and 1.9 TDi passat were also better on V power. Now its all I ever fill up with. Although haven't tried other premium diesels - also happens that the shell station close to where I work is cheapest around including some supermarkets.