A6 performance enhancement!

herbert

Reaction score
Just bought a new A 6 3.0 TDI Avant Le Mans and wondered about increasing the engine performance of this car- I have heard that electronic changes can give an extra 40 PS.

Is this worthwhile and is it a good idea to consider this on a brand new engine?
I know that Brabus prefer to fit performance enhancing chips etc. before the engine has done 8000 miles or so, rather than waiting for the engine to be fully run in.

Are there any "running-in" precautions or can I have fun from the start?

Regards

Mark

car01.jpg

I'd say go for it. I did on my 2.0 tdi and gained around 40bhp.
I got my ECU remapped from around 500 miles, essentially new and now at
67k with no problems to report.
With the 3.0 you're more likely to be looking at around 56bhp increase.
Go get those extra horses

There have been reports of the 3.0 TDI not taking to the new maps, and it has affected the Quattro side of the car. But htese reports are few and far between

Cockney Boy, can you point me to some reports of people who have had problems?

I can't find a single V6 owner(2.7 or 3.0) reporting anything but good things, from a re-map.

Depends who you go to for a re-map and what software they use.

All I can say is speak to as many as you can, some places don't know jack, others really know there stuff!

Depends where u are in the UK, I know of a bloke in Bristol, Southwestincartech, he really knows his stuff! I'm studying a degree in motorsport technology, and he baffles me in what he know about engine managment systems.

Also another company I was going to use in the midland CCtuning, veryg good aswell