Passenger door wont open?

S3KO4

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have an issue here, central locking seems working, even when you unlock all doors the button goes up a bit but not fully, I have no Idea what it is, all the rest of the car doors boot etc works fine, I cant remove the door card since the door is shut. any help is appreciated. Audi A6 1.8t 1998

I have tried with: the key/control, central locking button on the door, and manual push up. with no joy.

Perhaps an obvious question, but have you tried to open from the inside using the handle? On my car, this forces the pin in the open position.

Yes, thanks for your input, I have tried the door handles in/out everything, but no joy, really starnge.

A few years ago this happened on my Corrado. I brought a new lock and air pipe from the dealer and asked them how they would replace the lock. They said that you could bang the door near the lock to see if that worked or they would try and remove the door card from the inside but that may well damage the door card. Before I got to change the lock the car battery went flat. I recharged the battery and when I unlocked the car both doors opened up. Might be worth a try.
PeteS

thanks you very much pete, well the car has seen better days, and bit by bit things will die awy, I will do that first thing in the morning. see how it turns out.

Just an update, I have tried everything, with no luck, I even removed the battery but it didn't do anything. :banghead:

HELLLLLPPPP I dont want to damage the door card..