A6 electrics

a6andy

Reaction score
can anyone give some advice please.......car has started to lock and unlock itself and putting all the windows down. its a a6 2.7t year 2000

Central locking module got wet or gone faulty, really needs a scan on the car for errors mate.

I agree, check for water entering the passenger footwell.

Hello a6andy
Check out my last 3 (?) threads. I have tried all of the advice given and can't trace the fault on mine. I have noticed that I have no power to the boot light anymore and it definitely gets worse the colder it is. I hope you find the answer and can throw a bit more light on the problem.
alibob

the boot lights work but the rear ones dont and the boot release has stopped working. got it in the garage at the moment,will let you know if they find anything.

a6andy...Have you had any news yet?
Mine has completely cured itself (so far) but as it is getting cold again I am waiting for trouble!
I still haven't traced the boot light fault either.

All sorted at last turned out to be the front door lock assembly £130 fitted good luck

Hello a6andy
I spoke too soon. Had a deluge for the last couple of days and the shenanigans have started again.
I presume it was the drivers dooor mechanism? How much did the actual part cost because I should be able to change the mechanism myself.
Cheers
Al

Hello mate not sure how much it was on its own had a few other jobs to do aswell sorry

Hi there, you said it got worse after heavy rain, this is a common fault on A4 & Passat and possibly some others. Its caused by water ingress into the passenger foot well because it runs over all the wires behind the panel on the left hand side. Its an easy fix just remove the pollen filter housing and put a generous bead of silicone around the foam seal that goes between it and the car and Bob's your mothers brother !!

Hope this helps