Ipod Connectivity to A6 Allroad 2006

ph-allroad

Reaction score
Having bought the Allroad in December I thought it would be a simple fix to allow connection of an Ipod to the MMI system.

The car has a 6 disc changer in the glove compartment and when I visited my Audi dealer I almost fell off the chair at the cost, at least £500 for parts alone (excluding a new glove box!).

I have heard that Dennison do a module, if they do has anyone any experience of using one?

Denison units are good, and you could have one fitted for less than the £500 Audi are quoting. Personally i would go for the AMI which will sit next to your CD changer. These can be fitted for about £450.00 but both op0tions will not require a new glove box. Yet again there is an Audi Dealer not knowing what they are doing.

Thank you,

I suppose it will have to wait (have started using Genius mixes off the Apple and copying them to CD), more important to put new rubber on the wheels after this awful winter.

You will probably need to upgrade the mmi firmware to get the ami to connect. Discs from the dealer probably cost only about 5 pounds.
Ami's can be found for less money on ebay. And, butofcourse, the longer you wait the less expensive and easier things become.