Anyone have any experience with Abt chips?

plampine

Reaction score
..and before anyone decides to chew my head off for not taking this up in some sort of tech forum, let me explain myself a little. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I'm not interested in hearing all the tiniest little nuances about the shapes of the new and improved torque curves and such. I'd just like some real life experiences concerning the Abt chips (impressions, any problems, etc.).

I should be taking delivery of a new A6 with the 1.8T engine within 5-6 weeks, this is why I chose this forum. I'm currently driving a TDI (130) A3 and while it has less power, it's a lot lighter than the A6. I've also come to appreciate the torquey nature of the diesel engine and torque is actually what I'd most be seeking by getting the new car chipped.

All views will be appreciated, thanks.

Abt chips are good but expensive I had my RS6 chipped by Abt but only because of the fact that Abt is the approved tuner by quattro Gmbh for the RS6 as far as a 1.8t goes the choice is a lot wider. Audi don't approve of any rechipping with that car so technicaly your options providing you have a "friendly" dealer are Abt, AMD, APR, Revo, Superchips etc etc. Personally I'd go with APR or AMD on the 1.8t though as both have been doing them for a while and have loads of satisfied customers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
MisterD said:
I hope to see some pictures when you get your car, Pekka. And do keep us posted regarding your final choice of chip.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I'll have to put my digital camera to good use once I get the car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Right now I'm trying to decide what kind of wheels to get, any suggestions? I'm looking to get them in 17" or 18". Lately I've been looking into MTM for a chip. Their setup seems to give quite a bit of torque.