Sky InsuranceAH Fabrications
    milf

Status

Rear parking sensors

When I put the car in reverse the rear parking sensor warns me that some thing is close with a constant tone when there is nothing behind me. It has always worked up until today. I have cleaned them and it is still giving a false reading (constant tone).
    I will take it to my local garage next week or do you think I should take it Audi.
    Thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    I have the same problem with my A6, had it in at the dealer recently and have been told that two of the parking sensors need replaced but were not in stock. Car due in for MOT and service in March, will therefore get them replaced then, new sensors will need to be painted. Can't say whether this is something your local garage could do?

2nd Gear

Status
    One of your sensors has gone to ground, the easiest way to check is put your in reverse (without the engine running) and put your ear to each sensor, the one that is not clicking is the faulty one. Audi will charge you about 70.00 for a new sensor, and 10.00 for the paint.
    Q7 S Line 2010
    MMI 3G
    Adaptive Cruise Control
    Superchip Remap
    Blackvue front and rear accident camera

milf

Status
    Thanks for that, Just checked and all four a clicking. I could hear the constant warning tone did a times start to bleep but could not figure out why. It's freezing out!!

2nd Gear

Status
    The only way then to see what sensor is going to ground is with VCDS. Tell us where your based, and there may be a member who lives close to you.
    Q7 S Line 2010
    MMI 3G
    Adaptive Cruise Control
    Superchip Remap
    Blackvue front and rear accident camera

milf

Status
    I have booked it into a local garage that used to service our old A6, they are in Windsor under the railway arches.
    I would of taken it back to Audi in Slough but they have been so painfull to deal with that it's time to move on and out of the dealer network. I will have to go back once more for the misted rear light clusters but that can wait.
    Thanks conkney boy for your help
    Last edited by A6UYC; 26th January 2010 at 15:50. Reason: typo