Door Won't Open

Bobtech

Reaction score
Website
www.advantech-mobiletuning.co.uk
My '51 S6 4.2 has just given some grief in as much as the offside rear door will not unlock or open! The locking button moves up a little then goes back to bed when I unlock the car and refuses to go right up and stay up. Even grabbing the button and lifting it fully has no effect.

Therefore, I can't open the door to get the door card off and investigate the problem. Neither outside nor inside handles let me open the door. How do I get into the gubbins ????

Any help please . . . . .

C5 or C6 with the C5's I've had similar issues, the locking system is very sensitive, if the door handle is not in the closed position when the car is locked or unlocked the lock stayes locked on the door and cannot be opened.

I had this issue when removing my rear door handles and replacing with electic soleniods for de-handled doors on the rear, fortunatly at the time i had the door card off and worked out that the rod had not gone back in to the closed position fully, and pushed it back up a mm or so and re-locked and unlocked the car and was fine.

Thanks evomaster3000. Do I understand correctly that the horizontal rod connecting the inside handle to the opening mechanism on the end of the door needs pushing a mm or so?

I haven't actually looked inside the inner handle, can I get to the rod there?

Thanks evomaster3000. Do I understand correctly that the horizontal rod connecting the inside handle to the opening mechanism on the end of the door needs pushing a mm or so?

I haven't actually looked inside the inner handle, can I get to the rod there?

Yes it may do, god knows how you'd get to it.

Another user has had this problem down to the central locking needing re-programming, which could indeed be the fault, this was fixed at a dealer. May be done using Vagcom, I have one but am not that advanced using it so don't know.