EM TuningAH Fabrications
    Liskeard Classic Cars

Status

A6 1999 tdi saloon boot light switch?

Along with all the "central locking/comfort windows with a mind of their own" problems I notice that the boot light has stopped working.

I have tested the bulb and it is ok so I was wondering how the light is operated.......I think it may be connected to the other issue.

Once again your help is much appreciated.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    The boot light is operated via the microswitch clipped to the bootlid latch mechanism (red & blue wires). Its this m/switch that tells the central locking/convenience module that the bootlid is open (or closed).

Liskeard Classic Cars

Status

Attention DGSdale

Hello DGSdale....

I have stripped everything in the boot to the point where I can see the solenoids (Is the white one passive?) and although everything looks fine I haven't got to the point of taking the boot latch off. The bulb is definately OK but there is no power getting to it so can I safely presume that it is the latch?
    I can't see where the wires from the latch attach to a connector to the rest of the boot loom. Do you know if a new latch is needede or is it just a seperate micro-switch.
    Cheers fo ant help as this is now startting to drive me mental.

Liskeard Classic Cars

Status
    I actually got stopped by the Bizzies on the way home 2 nights ago on the A38 because they wondered why I was flashing my interior lights!! I explained that it was nothing compared with the sound of the solenoids in all 4 doors trying to lock and unlock when they feel like it.
    I didnt mention the self-opening "Comfort" window problem as he was obviously bored to tears already.