A6 1999 tdi saloon boot light switch?

alibob

Liskeard Classic Cars
Reaction score
Along with all the "central locking/comfort windows with a mind of their own" problems I notice that the boot light has stopped working.

I have tested the bulb and it is ok so I was wondering how the light is operated.......I think it may be connected to the other issue.

Once again your help is much appreciated.

The boot light is operated via the microswitch clipped to the bootlid latch mechanism (red & blue wires). Its this m/switch that tells the central locking/convenience module that the bootlid is open (or closed).

Hello DGSdale....

I have stripped everything in the boot to the point where I can see the solenoids (Is the white one passive?) and although everything looks fine I haven't got to the point of taking the boot latch off. The bulb is definately OK but there is no power getting to it so can I safely presume that it is the latch?
I can't see where the wires from the latch attach to a connector to the rest of the boot loom. Do you know if a new latch is needede or is it just a seperate micro-switch.
Cheers fo ant help as this is now startting to drive me mental.

I actually got stopped by the Bizzies on the way home 2 nights ago on the A38 because they wondered why I was flashing my interior lights!! I explained that it was nothing compared with the sound of the solenoids in all 4 doors trying to lock and unlock when they feel like it.
I didnt mention the self-opening "Comfort" window problem as he was obviously bored to tears already.