Replica Alloys for A6

richhind

Reaction score
I've read a number of threads on this and am after a general consensus on whether there's value in going for replica alloys.

I have an A6 Avant 2.0 TDI SE and it dwarfs anything less than 18" alloys. I just commute in it and ferry the family around, I'm just after an aesthetic change not track-handling specials.
I would prefer audi style 18" alloys to retain some ride quality.

I've seen a set of replica A5-style Audi alloys on Monty's Wheels website:
http://www.montyswheelsandtyres.com/product.asp?numRecordPosition=1&P_ID=838&strPageHistory=cat&strKeywords=&SearchFor=&PT_ID=73

Firstly anyone dealt with Monty's?

A number of posts have raised concerns over buying Chinese replicas vs. Italian replicas. I have no way of knowing where the replica's are coming from so can anyone recommend a reputable supplier of good quality replicas?

Any other tips and pointers greatly appreciated, many thanks for reading.

The last set of RS4 Alloys i got from Monty's were even better than the factory one's. Some Audi Alloys suffer with soft metals, not something i ever experienced with the wheels supplied by monty's.

A set of 4 18" with Goodyear F1's cost me £800.00 fitted. Bargin.

The Alloys you are looking at are only 225's compared with the 245 and 255 ones normally fitted to A6's. See if they can get a wider wheel before committing to the 225's

Many thanks Cockney Boy, very much appreciated, very useful tip on the wheel width as well.

I echo the recommendation of Goodyear Eagle F1's, best tyres I've ever had but increasingly harder to get.

Many thanks Cockney Boy, very much appreciated, very useful tip on the wheel width as well.

I echo the recommendation of Goodyear Eagle F1's, best tyres I've ever had but increasingly harder to get.
Hi mate, i have a set of 4 rs6 9"x19" alloys fitted with 245/40/19 tyres. Fronts are brand new Pirelli P Zero Rosso and the rears are almost new (7-8mm thread) Continental Sport tyres. I had them on me a6 c5 and i have fitted them on a friend's a6 c6 as well with s line sport suspenssion (he cannot buy them till mid january as he's going abroad on holliday!). The front tyres cost me 450 quid alone... Open to offers. They will need refurbishing as there is some laquer peel and one is slightly curbed but they are straight and true. Cheers.