A6 Saloon 3.0 Tdi ECU Remap experience?

cwilding

Reaction score
Morning All.

A two fold query this morning please.

I have a 3.0 Tdi Quattro A6 Saloon, 2006, 233bhp. Obviously I am very pleased with this car, but am considering having it

"tuned" for Christmas present to myself....

So I guess 2 questions, firstly is there anyone on here who have had the same engine tuned / chipped etc, and if so what is

your personal advice and experience. Was it worth it, what are the differences (apart from more power of course).

And secondly I am thinking of having mine down by Shark Performance Tuning through one of their tune at home units, which

they have on offer for £399 at present. Seems a very reasonable price to be honest, just wanted to know if anyone has had

any experience of these guys, either positive or negative?

Thanks so much in advance for your feedback on this.

Some of the guys in the A4 B7 section have their cars mapped, have a search and you'll find some good info.

All Common Rail diesels are relatively easy to "chip". Some companies do it a lot better, and more reliably, than others. This company I can heartily recommend. Their product has totally transformed my Mercedes Vito van but unfortunately, they can do nothing for my 4.2 S6. They don't do any petrol engines at all.

http://www.bhpplus.co.uk/

If you opt for a remap, be careful as the software is easily over written in your cars ECU possibly during a main dealer service when they automatically download a new software package from the factory all over your expensive remap.

Fitting a separate and freestanding tuning box, in my opinion, is the better option. BHP's boxes are around the £325 mark. On my Vito I am seeing around 50 -80 miles more per tankful plus an amazing lift in performance since fitting the box. I've certainly paid for mine in less than a year with the fuel savings.

I have a shark performance remap on my 2.0TDI A3. Ben is FANTASTIC at what he does and you WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED, I can guarantee you, just do it man!! Trust me.

had my 2.7TDI A6 re-mapped and it was the best £290.00 i have ever spent. Better performace, btter fuel ecomomy and better throttle response.

A totally different car to drive.

Mark at Chips n Spin did mine, top bloke and really nice to deal with.

I wouldn't put on a tuning box, re-maps are far better if done by a well known company. They will usually put the map back on if a dealer wipes it for free.