Will a 5 cylinder fit into a 2000 A6?

oldskool rich

Reaction score
Btw hi, im new hear, ive come over from VW:unsure:, Ive just bort an old 95 2.5 TDI A6, which i must admit is growing on me, only problem is traction and dated looks, i would like a quattro but i think for the same money i could buy a later A6 quattro with damaged engine and retro fit the 5 cylinder, im not a fan of the V6 at all

is this possible? is there even enough room or am i stuck with the C4
from what ive learned the gear box will fit and the loom can be modified, the main thing im not sure of is the room, the V6 looks a tight fit, the 5 pot is atleast about 6 inches longer, has anyone put a 5 pot in one before?

You will have to look for the c4 with the quattro drivetrain as you will need deep pockets to retrofit the inline5 AEL engine into a later c5 audi ! There is not that much room and the bulkhead will need chopping about to make room for the engine.

the plan was to use the 6 cylinder quattro box but stick my 5 pot on it, ACV isnt it? i havent looked, i was hoping it would be a direct replacment but sound like a mission if ive gotta hack up the bulk head, i am considering just getting a C4 quattro so i can just get in and drive it.
Does anyone know if the C4 ever came with traction control?
lockable rear dif?
heated seats?

i realy want coilovers but i understand they are like hens teeth, can anyone tell me where i can find C4 quatty coilies for cheapest without giving them mine? i know im gona get bent over, will any other coilovers fit or come close to fitting?

the plan was to use the 6 cylinder quattro box but stick my 5 pot on it, ACV isnt it? i havent looked, i was hoping it would be a direct replacment but sound like a mission if ive gotta hack up the bulk head, i am considering just getting a C4 quattro so i can just get in and drive it.
Does anyone know if the C4 ever came with traction control?
lockable rear dif?
heated seats?

i realy want coilovers but i understand they are like hens teeth, can anyone tell me where i can find C4 quatty coilies for cheapest without giving them mine? i know im gona get bent over, will any other coilovers fit or come close to fitting?
If you have a 6 speed box then the engine is AEL-140Bhp, if its a 5 speed box, its AAT-115Bhp.

didnt know that, think mine is AAT then, whats the difference?

i guy on the diesel forum told me its faily easy to get 300bhp out of the 5 pot TDI
so thats my goal. im guessing the AEL has the 6 point injectors? think all the pumps are 11mm as far a i know so just gona up the boost bring in the charge cooler and big injectors see what happens
i got an AAZ to dyno at 203 BHP with simillar mods