Roof aerial removal

JR6

JOHN
Reaction score
Does anyone Know the correct procedure for removing the headlining to gain access to the aerial,my sealing gasket has perished and needs replaced,Is it glued to the roof or is it clips etc.

:blackrs4:

Correct,its an avant.

So was it an easy repair and how much did you have to pay for the seal, the reason i ask is that Audi have quoted me £140 which is for the complete aerial.
I think they must be having a laugh.:blackrs4:

I think avants only have roof aerials.

think you may be right - if so then you can access aerial via interior light, flip out with flat blade driver - then into opening with open ended spanner - if you use flexible seal from e-bay then this slides over base externally, after removal of old seal - not glued just wedged when tighten nut inside roof after carefully 'stretching' around base of aerial and ensuring lip seal is correctly in place. You don't have to disconnect aerial lead to do it this way.:thumbsup:

Thanks for the info,i didnt realise that ebay sold such an item.
Im now going to log into ebay then have a look at the car tomorrow.
Sounds like an easy fix.
Thanks again for the tip.:blackrs4:

search - Audi roof aerial seal - will find the right one - just a bit tricky getting the lip seal properly seated - I got the 200mm stubby aerial from same place which looks ok and reception identical.

Just checked out ebay and bought myself a seal for £2.95 & £1.25 p+p.

Why cant Audi sell such a part, :blackrs4:its no wonder the dealers get such a bad name.