Audi A6 2004-2008 LED Upgrade?

Mystical.Snail

Reaction score
Ive just borught a Audi A6 54 plate S line and i want to upgrade my headlamps to the new style LED lamps. Who makes them and where can i get a set?

Audi make them and sell them, but it would help if we knew what lamps you have now.

Halogen or Xenon?

Xenon with AFS or not?

The LED's are part of the main lamp housing, so you can't just add them. If you have Halogens, then you would need to convert to Xenon's which I have just done, but it means a lot of work and adding the self levelling system to the car and headlamp washers.

Xenons to Xenons with LEDs again is not an easy task. The latest lamps are D3s Xenons, you probably have D2s lamps. So if you switch to LEDs then your controller will havet o be upgraded to support the LED's, now I don't know if the new controller will work with D2s lamps and Ballasts or you will need to swap them for the D3s versions. I also think the retainer rings are different between the two types of bulbs, so your D2s bulbs may not even fit the new lamp housings.

I have seen people selling upgrade kits for over 1300 euros, but that is without self levelling or headlamp washers. Audi used to sell the lamps complete with Ballasts, cornering units (if required) etc, but now they have broken down the components to individual items.

I bought, 2x D3s bulbs, retainer rings, HID ballasts, lamp housing with LED's, AFS cornering modules, self levelling kit with AFS, front electronics module rev "N" and Halogen (10 pin) to Xenon (14 pin) conversion cables.

At the moment my is just standard halagon bulbs. Im thinking now looking at the cost and issues i mught just upgrade to xenon. Whats the best kit on the market you would recoment for the conversion and is it possable for a novice to complete this?

Thanks for your help!

I suspect that fitting a Xenon 'kit' will give you bulb failure alerts on the dash.

hello s8craig

can you please tell me what is part number for retainer rings ?

Thx.