Main beam / indicator stalk help...

Dukey

Reaction score
Hello guys, im new here only joined today. I brought an Audi A6 2.5tdi Avant Quattro, 2001 model at the weekend. Its a lovely car and much nicer than my Passat.

There are a few little things wrong with it, one of the most annoying being the main beam. The main beam does not work at all, no blue light comes on on the dash board. I have checked the bulbs and they are both ok, fuses ok. Which makes me think its either the relay (wherever that is) or the stalk.

I think its most likely the stalk since the indicators often cancel themselves when they shouldnt after a few flashes, and sometimes they dont even come on at all. Which makes me wonder if the stalk is faulty.

Is it possible to change the indicator / main beam stalk without removing the steering wheel? Or does the steering wheel need to be removed and air bag deactivated etc?

Has anyone got a part code for the main beam / indicator stalk, its the one with the cruise control also?

Thanks for your help!

Duke

If its the same as the other models I've had since 01, then wheel has to come of as it slots into place to get the proper connectivity for signalling etc, from quick look in etka for an 01 A6 it shows 8L0953513J with cruise, just ring local parts guy at audi & quote vin & ask if that is on your car just to confirm I'm correct, they should do over phone no problem