audi a8 wheeels on an a6

yendall24

Reaction score
hi all i am looking for some advice regarding audi a8 alloy wheels the size is 8j x 18 ET 48 will these go straight on an a6 avant if so what would be the best tyre size or if i need spacers what thickness any advice would be very much appreciated

I have 20" 255/35/20's on my A6 and no problems at all, you will not need spacers, but you will have to re-program your car and set the wheel size to 20 inch rims.

If you dont have access to VAG-COM, then you may want to contact CraigyB on audiforum.us, as he is in Sale (manchester) he may charge you a few quid.

A6 on 18" alloys normally has 245/40 tyres (as per the handbook), my set of 8j x 18 ET 47 wheels have this size tyres.

Thats odd to see that your A8 only has 18" wheels!!! normally they are 19" or 20's.

If your replacing your old 18" wheels for new one, then it will be a striaght swap, there will be no need to re-program your car to accept the new rims.

hi mate thanks for the reply forgive my ignorance but they are 18" wheels where does the 20" setting come into it

thats the problem its not an a8 its an a6 that i want to put a8 alloys on i know 18,s will be ok its just the ET that concerns me and the tyre size

Assuming the car is a C6, then the standard offset (on the S-Line anyway) is 45mm (I think...or is it 43mm....not sure now). Anyway, whichever, you're only going to be between 3 and 5mm different than standard, so probably won't be a problem. To be safe, you could fit some 5mm hubcentric spacers, which would push the wheels back out to where they should be, and have the added benefit of making the wheels fill the arches a bit better.

I have just replaced the 17" wheels on my A6 (235/45 tyres) with S4 18" alloys (235/40) do i need to re programme the car?