Rust/corrosion to roof gutters

alex100a

Reaction score
I’ve been having an ongoing discussion with my local Audi dealership and Audi UK’s customer services over corrosion/rust to my roof gutters. As far as I’m concerned I’ve done everything required in the conditions of the 12yr paint warranty but they just keep rejecting the claim.
Initially they said that the corrosion had ‘gone too far’ although this was only over the phone and I’ve never received this in writing. Now they just keep saying it’s not a warranty issue and have suggested that if I want to take it any further i need to pay for an independent report to be carried out, which I’ll have to pay for!!
I know this topic has been covered before but I wondered if anyone has had any joy arguing paintwork warranty claims against Audi or is it just not worth the effort??
Regards
Alex

Just found the post from bantam1 in the A3 forum, which answered my question.

Alex

I have the same problem could you please let me know the final out come of it many thanks.
Moham

I’ve been having an ongoing discussion with my local Audi dealership and Audi UK’s customer services over corrosion/rust to my roof gutters. As far as I’m concerned I’ve done everything required in the conditions of the 12yr paint warranty but they just keep rejecting the claim.
Initially they said that the corrosion had ‘gone too far’ although this was only over the phone and I’ve never received this in writing. Now they just keep saying it’s not a warranty issue and have suggested that if I want to take it any further i need to pay for an independent report to be carried out, which I’ll have to pay for!!
I know this topic has been covered before but I wondered if anyone has had any joy arguing paintwork warranty claims against Audi or is it just not worth the effort??
Regards
Alex
ive have had this problem and fixed by AUDI if your roof has not been respayed by anyone but audi all is ok they will do a paint depth check on all the panels this will tell them that no paint jobs have been done as long as its with in there measurements it will be ok. Next there is a recall notise on there internal system just over a year ago they need to look for it to find it but it is there this is known by
VW and AUDI on passats and avants all under there warranty. If all ok you get exsepted you get curtisy car for couple of days and when you get your car back make sure they have done the job properly dont be looking at and sanding swirl marks like i did and had to send it back and double check like i did and still there and sent it back make sure your happy with the job , ive got the 1999 avant.
Hope this helps.

Thank you very much I will do that thanks again.
mham

Cheers for the reply. I'm glad to hear someone has had some joy!! What do you think they will say if parts of the car have been resprayed?? I'm pretty sure the roof has not been touched but the boot lid was resprayed a while ago but not by Audi!

Will keep trying with Audi but think i'll go direct to Audi UK rather than my local dealership.

Alex