First car - First expenditure!

danf1234

Reaction score
I have just got my A6 C5 1.9 TDi today, and going through the service book I have notice it has had been serviced regular without a major service. The car has 75,000 miles on it so what do I need doing urgently.

Timing Belt?
Water Pump?

Please tell the essentails that should have been sorted by now. I believe the 2 above are most imortant. Are there some tensioners to do as part of the same process!

I want to get the car right, before I start some serious miles in it!

Thanks for any advice,

Dan

have the full timing kit fitted this includes the belt tensioner and idler also fit a new water pump and make sure it as got the metal impellor also apart from normal servicing items like oil and filter air filter and fuel filter you might want to get your antifreeze checked and the brake fluid changed if you have no evidence of it having been done

One thing you may want to think about at the same time, and it wont cost the earth, is get your Aircon sanitized. You can also do it yourself for about £10.00.

It will freshen up your Air Con like you wouldn't beleive. I did it on mine, and over night i found my mouth was not as dry, and my throat was not as sore. Just goes to show how many germs can fester in there.

One thing you may want to think about at the same time, and it wont cost the earth, is get your Aircon sanitized. You can also do it yourself for about £10.00.

It will freshen up your Air Con like you wouldn't beleive. I did it on mine, and over night i found my mouth was not as dry, and my throat was not as sore. Just goes to show how many germs can fester in there.

What did you use to do this?