European headlight adjust?

Alex_RS6

Reaction score
Hi guys

Heading over to Europe soon in my RS6 and realized that I need to change my headlights so they don't dazzle oncoming traffic.

Do you guys that take your A6's over to Europe, get Audi to adjust them for you before you go, or do you do something else?

Appreciate the feedback :friends:

In my experience, the Europeans dont bother when they come over here, so why should you. But, if you feel that its nessesary, then go down to halfords and get the patches that will fit over your headlights, i wouldn't bother going to a dealer, because then you will be in violation of UK traffic regulations also.

Well the dealer has been rubbish at returning any of my calls this week about this, so I might just leave it. Thinking about it, I will probably be doing more 'dark' driving on the out and return UK legs of the trip. So as long as I don't use the car too much at night in Europe then I should be ok.

Do the headlights not have levers to swap them left to right? Older Audis do, might be worth checking the owners handbook

You would think so, but the handbook says the switch must be done by a qualified Audi mechanic.

I think I will just get the AA headlight stickers once I get to the shops at the Eurotunnel.

I don't think the switchable headlights are on the C6 model anymore.

Is this any use?

headlampsa6.jpg

Last edited: