JMB RetrofitsEM Tuning

Re: Police Line up from the South Mimms Meal

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Daz, I don't remember you looking so much like Kenneth Williams [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you come back to the site just to pick on me [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/love.gif[/img]

2. # ADS
    ADS

imported_shipp

Whats missing from my A6?

Hi,

I recently bought an A6 1.8T SE(2000) and have just noticed there seems to be something missing from the interior down by the Handbrake. It has the Electric Mirror adjustment there but just below that on the right side of the hand brake, there is an empty space for something and I don't know what it supposed to be there.

Has anyone any ideas before I go back to the dealer?

Cheers

Reverse Gear

Status

Re: Whats missing from my A6?

If I recall right, it model specific and will contain the controls for the SAT nav and in car advanced computer controls. Mines just got a little pad in it like the bigger one next to the had brake.

Reverse Gear

Status

Could be ciggy lighter ? Thats a flip up afair.

imported_paranoico

Shipp, that is the place for the GPS NAV system...

imported_shipp

Thanks for the replies

I found the cig lighter so it isn't that, I don't have GPS/ NAV in it as far as I know. I'm guessing it just another little hole for stashing stuff in.

This car seems to be full of them, it's not as if I'm short off boot space or anything!!!

Reverse Gear

Status

Hello, my 1st post, could it be the DIS nav button ?

Reverse Gear

Status

You're right- it's a little hole for stashing stuff in. Mine has a little felt pad on the bottom which stops my ciggy lighter going orbital when I'm enjoying myself! Satnav controls are all on the centre console around the satnav screen.

Reverse Gear

Status

In the handbook it is the space where the computer control would sit (check it out). Mine's a storage space but what could I put in it except loose change.

Reverse Gear

Status

in the american version, it is a little flip up cup holder. i have a 99 a6 avant. is it rectangular shaped?

Reverse Gear

Status

You can put in a cup holder, I did it recently, cost about 25 from Audi, you need the bottom holder and the actual cup holder.

Fitting was relatively easy, with a plastic putty knife prise off the existing holder downwards, should unclip relatively easily.

You need to lift the big felt padded area so you can get underneath and it's a very tight squeeze and I managed to shred some of my knuckes [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Once the bottom is clipped in it's really easy from there, can provide piccies of mine now if needed.

PS Bend the clips of the new bottom holder several times to loosen them before trying to fit it as I had to take it back out again to bend the clips after it wouldn't go first time