Retrofit Sat Nav - 2005 A6 S-Line

Addie

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 2005 (55) A6 S-line with the colour screen in the dash and 12 CD changer with the extra Audi Manuals CD in one of the drives. It has a NAV and TEL buttons but when pressed it says not connected.

I have access to a crashed A6 with the sat nav system fitted.

Is it just a case of transfering the DVD drive from the rear stack of the crashed car and putting it into mine? What else do I need to do, does VAG COM need to be programmed to let the car know its there?

Obviously I will need to install a GPS antenna also, I was planning on installing this on the rear parcel shelf with a view of the sky.

In addition, I think this car has a bluetooth box. Can anyone confirm if I need to remove the microphone from this car (and where is it) or do they all come with the Microphones? Thanks.

If anyone can advise of this process that would be great.

Thanks.

Last edited:
You will need to change the MMI interface unit (above the glovebox) and also the nav drive in the boot, along with the antenna. You will need VAG-COM to code the car, but also a trip down to the Audi garage to get the component protection removed from the bits taken out of the donor car.

If you want the Bluetooth fitted too, this involves the removal of the passenger seat to gain access under the carpet, where the BT unit is situated. The mic, is in the centre light cluster above the drivers head.

This is not an easy job, and will take many hours. if your in teh UK, i recommedn contacting Craigyb at http://www.tclsatnav.com/ as he is very good at retrofits.

The car already has the colour MMI screen, and 12x CD Changer what is the unit that I need to get from behind the dash?

You don't need the MMI controller from the dash for NAV & PHONE, only for TV and CAMERA and then only if the one you are taking has the green FBAS connector on it.

It is a silver box the size of a video cassette with 3 or 4 connector on it, 3 for non FBAS and 4 with FBAS.