Monster MotorsportEM Tuning
    4th Gear

Status

loud cluncking noise

i got a loud cluncking noise from the drivers side wheel area ive recently replaced a rear lower arm so i think thats the problem however all nuts are tight nothings loose so could it be a dodgy arm ? it only makes the noise when i go over potholes and speed humps ive taken the car to the garage and theyve said everything looks fine
    200 Horses nice !!!

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    hi mate are you sure the previous clunking was from the rear lower arm because it now sounds like you may have a problem with the front lower arm . i recently ivestigated a clunk on my a6 and found it to be the ball joints on both front and rear arms at fault the bushes are ok . the way i found the problem was to raise the car up so the tyre was just touching the ground i got a long bar and socket on one of the wheel bolts and tried to move the wheel back and forward get a mate to do this whilst your underneath holding the ball joint ends you can feel movement if there knackered

4th Gear

Status
    the rear lower arm i replaced because the ball joint had split and there was grease everywhere all the other joints look fine and as i say i had a garage take a look and they didnt find anything im thinking maybe the rubber used in the rear lower arm is a softer rubber the nylon washer on the rear lower arm move about not to sure if thats normal ?
    200 Horses nice !!!

4th Gear

Status
    well took it to another garage today and they cant find anything wrong with it either :s
    200 Horses nice !!!