Avant Rear shocks

Bayleaf

Reaction score
I think I've got a dodgy rear sock absorber on my A6 avant. The handling seems more wallowy than normal and theres a vibrating patter-patter over bumps. Also oil stains on the o/s rear shock. Need to get it done before we load up with camping equipment and head to Cornwall in three weeks!
Are these a fairly easy to diy replace or is it a garage job?
I intend to relace both sides together.
Thanks..

hi mate this job is pritty straight forward if you have a set of spring compressors a vice comes in handy but its not essential checkout euro car parts there doing bilstein rear shocks for £47.00 plus vat each you have one through bolt at the bottom and two small bolts at the top that hold the shock you have to remove the side panel in the boot to get to the top bolts just watch how everything comes apart and it not a big deal

Thanks for this. I've had a quick look underneath, the shocks are seperate to the springs, so would a spring compresser be nescessary? Also the two top bolts seem to be accessible from under the wheel arch rather then from on top, inside, unless the nuts on top of them are not captive and need a spanner on them?